Blogger Templates

Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

WORK, WORK, WORK - ROLL ON CHRISTMAS

Hello everyone

What a soggy and miserable day today is - only weather-wise that is.  I don't think it has stopped raining all day - thank goodness we did a bit of gardening yesterday as the ground is now pretty muddy.

A busy week again - it's that time of year, isn't it?  You just can't sit back and think everything has been finished, you are on top of your work and it's time to put your feet up, can you?

On Friday I took part in the Autumn Fair at the Normandy Therapy Garden.  A little surprised when I arrived to find that I was going to be in a small marquee - there were three other stalls in with me.  If you recall Friday's weather it was very, very windy and although the marquee was well anchored to the ground, the sides were flapping a bit, but we did have quite a bit of sunshine during the morning.  I know the organisers as I have held a card-making workshop there so it was nice to see Penny again.  Thank you everyone for the numerous and very welcome cups of free coffee.  The event was very well attended and I am pleased to say I made a small profit.  The Therapy Garden is a lovely place and if you live in this area or if you visit here, please do go along and have a look at it.  It provides great learning opportunities for people who may not get the chance to work with plants.  You can also buy vegetables there, plants and some pretty amazing wooden structures (plant frames, bird boxes, etc).

The only disappointment and nothing to do with the Therapy Garden is the signposting here.  About three years ago our Parish Council (PC) promised to put up signs to the Village Hall and the Therapy Garden (they are on the same land).  True to their word, they have put a sign up - directing everyone to the Manor Fruit Farm!  Great if you know that the land where the Village Hall and Therapy Garden are situated was formerly the fruit farm but if you don't live in the area, it will not mean anything to you.  I feel a letter to the PC coming on.

I made a few items of new stock and here are some photographs taken at the event:


This one is made with what felt like 1,000,000 ribbon circles!


An autumnal ribbon wrapped around a polystyrene ring, decorated with same ribbon ties and topped off with felt flowers and brown beads in the centre of the flowers


As you can seen, the sun did shine during the day 


A work-in-progress wreath.  navy blue ribbon wrapped around a polystyrene wreath and decorated with sea shells (bought from The Works, not removed from a beach).

I had a lovely order for a large quantity of my decorated jute bags from a friend this week - thank you Lesley.  I am going to enjoy working on these very much as they are to be butterfly themed.

I have a meeting at a local day centre on Wednesday to discuss holding regular card-making workshops there.  I should have more information for next week's Sunday blog and will tell you all about it then. I hope that not only will this be of interest to the people who use the centre regularly, but also to local residents, people who have attended my card-making workshops and newcomers to this lovely craft.

A very busy week which ends with a Craft Fair in Pirbright on Saturday and a Wedding Fayre at Frensham Pond Hotel on Sunday.  I have a feeling that this time next week, I might be asleep!

Between now and then it is work, work, work - no doubt the same for all of us involved in the world of handmade.  Have a great week everyone and don't forget to visit this week's bloggers taking part in Handmade Monday - would you believe it is week 138??

Jill  

18 comments:

  1. The wreaths look lovely. I really like the one with all the ribbon circles, so pretty. I hope the next fair is just as successful. Have a crafty week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The wreaths are fantastic ...love the autumn ribbon one and have pinned it!
    Lesley
    Bath Bomb Creations & Grumpy Joes Pet Emporium

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh what a busy bee you've been! Great to hear that the fair went well for you. Your wreaths are fab, love the autumnal colours!

    Good luck with your upcoming events, i look forward to hearing how you get on :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I love that wreath with the orange fabric leaves! Great you had a good fair with profit! Here's to more of the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the wreaths Jill!!
    Good luck at your upcoming fairs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. There may be a lot of ribbon circles but it is worth it - the wreath looks nice and full and rich. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You'll be glad to have a rest having been so busy this week. Really pleased that the fair went well. Good luck for next weeks events.

    Love the wreaths especially the ribbon one. It must have taken ages to attach them xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you did well. Your stall looks great. I love a fair where they bring you a cup of tea now and then. I am going to research the Therapy Garden, as Guildford is not too far from me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo you off to the Day Centre too. Maybe we can meet up afterwards, your wreaths look great Jill glad you had a good craft fair xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do have a busy week ahead! I love your wreaths, I think the one with all the ribbon circles is my favourite. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Therapy Garden sounds a lovely place, it's a shame that the lack of signage means it may be missed.
    Love your wreaths, I made a couple of spooky ones but I really like your Autumn ones :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wreath with the ribbon curls! Such lovely colours. Great to hear you are so busy and popular at the craft events!

    ReplyDelete
  13. those wreaths are brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pleased to see you so busy. Let me know how you get on at the day centre x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh, it does sound like a busy week!
    Love the autumn colours on that wreath

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you did well. I particularly like the wreath with the million ribbon circles. I would have never thought of something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The wreaths look great, worth the effort :) good luck with the fairs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've been much busier than I have been. I quite like the ribbon circle wreath. It must have taken a long time to make all of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.