Blogger Templates

Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

TODAY'S GUEST BLOGGER IS..............


Hi, my name is Jenny, and I'm the creator of Rumpydog.com, a blog written by a dog for those who love animals.  Through the voices of Rumpy, DeDe, and June Buggie, I share information about a variety of topics of interest to pet owners and animal lovers.



I want to share with you some information that may help you reach out to those of us that love animals.

First of all, why bother?  Well, because there's so darn many of us! In the United States, 62% of households have at least one pet. In the UK, 43% of households have at least one animal companion.

During the recent economic downturn, one industry did not suffer.  What industry was that?  The pet industry of course.  People continued to buy pet food, pet toys, and other pet products.

So there's a lot of folks you could be reaching just by having pet ownership in common.  That's actually how I found Jill's blog.  She had used a picture of her cat as her profile pic on Facebook.  I saw it, thought her cat was quite pretty, and took a look at her profile.  I don't know that I would have done the same if she had a picture of one of her crafts posted. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to go animal crazy.  And I certainly don't want you to pretend to love animals if you don't.  There's one thing that animal lovers can spot a mile away, and that's a phony.  But if you do have a beloved furry, feathery or scaly family member, let people know.  Post a picture on your blog or write a blog post.  If you're a crafter, set up a picture in your booth.  If you don't have pets yourself but do love animals, then do some fund raising for pet charities.  Or carry at least one product that has a cute furry little face on it somewhere.

It will endear you to us.  And believe me when I tell you that we're every bit as loyal as the animals we so love.

Thanks everyone, and I hope you come check out my blog at Rumpy Dog

Twitter: @RumpyDog

8 comments:

  1. I have been to your lovely blog! It's nice to see you on this side of the pond, on Jill's crafty blog.

    I grew up in a household of dogs, cats, and a tortoise called Meatpie! I think all children should have a pet, learn to take responsibility, and show true commitment.

    BW,
    Lesley x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dog! Thanks so much for having Jen as your guest! And thanks to Lesley for visiting our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I'd stop by and see what Jen had to say. Rumpy's blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post - dog lover here! Just going to check out your blog Rumpydog Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a big fan of RumpyDog's blog! I think that I'm pretty lucky to have met him on twitter!!! Jen is a fabulous lady to make us all happy with the blog! :)
    from Kevin & Shiro

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of RumpyDog's blog! I think that I'm pretty lucky to have met him on twitter!!! Jen is a fabulous lady to make us all happy with the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. never underestimate a cat lover & how much they want everything they own to have a feline on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a great blog! I like your blog and will you please exchange a link with me which are related to Christmas songs, Christmas carols and etc..?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it is always lovely to have feedback and I hope you enjoyed my post.